Monday, September 13, 2010

Queen of Washington...she thinks


 Too close to real to be funny....



Dear subjects (oops..Citizens):

          For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of
 my country. I want to thank the hard working American people for paying
 $242 thousand dollars plus additional expenses for my vacation in
Spain.

          My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my  personal
 staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you  just haven't
 lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite  at a 5-Star
 luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff  and family.
 Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret  Service
 personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for  at all
 times.


          Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip
 and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. It costs only  $11,500
 per hour to operate Air Force 2 and each additional plane for  the other
 members of our party group. These are only rough estimates,  but they are
 close (who's counting?). That's quite a carbon footprint as  my good
 friend Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens  to drive
 smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can  lessen
 our combined carbon footprint.


          I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to  put
 food on the table and trying to make ends meet. I do appreciate your
 sacrifice and do hope you find work soon. I was really exhausted after
 Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in
Maine a few weeks ago. I
 just had to get away for a few days. Will write more from Martha's
 Vineyard where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of
 our family and friends.

          Cordially,

          Queen, M. Obama




No comments:

Post a Comment